Thursday, April 03, 2014

A Scanner Darkly

ATF Agent Attempts to Illegally Scan Gun Owner Forms of Pac N Arms Multiple Times – Threatens to Revoke Dealer's License [More]
I was candidly surprised to see this.  I've been communicating with the guy since February on this, and his last correspondence to me on March 11 said:
Hello David, Still gathering information; my attorney in compiling info you will want. We will be in touch asap!!! Phil
I can't help but note:
In speaking to Mr. Chabot to confirm the situation, he referred us to his attorney, Penny Dean, who asked us to postpone an interview for a couple of weeks until they have obtained certain witnesses in the matter, which we agreed to do. Our desire is not to make it more difficult for justice to be brought to bear in the matter. However, Ms. Dean did encourage us to report on Mr. Chabot's letter to his Senator, Susan Collins, which is where the bulk of this article comes from.
That's one of the realities of sitting on a story for the purposes of corroboration, I guess. It will be interesting to see what the attorney finally says.

No comments: