Wednesday, April 23, 2014

If It Works for You, Fine

There's no need for that belligerent "load of crap" bluster. I've never been a proponent of "one size fits all," so if racking the slide is how you choose to play, go for it. [More]

I typically have responded to this scenario under the assumption that one or more intruders are in my house. Personally, I have no intention of volunteering/transmitting intelligence on:
  • The fact that I am even there.
  • Where I am located in the battlespace.
  • Estimated size of defensive forces.
  • Information on preparedness and response capabilities.
If you feel otherwise, I won't dissuade you. But for me, if some goblin is in my house, I don't want him to even know I was there, let alone where I was and what my preparations were, until he wakes up in hell and they tell him.

2 comments:

Ned said...

Wow. That many time being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I wonder where this guy lives?

Most people never have a DGU, yet this expert lists seven defensive situations - to be fair, not all where a gun was used in defense.

If it was me, and I kept ending up in these situations, I'd rethink where I was going and who I was associating with.

I won't make noise to alert a goblin to my presence. More power to him. With at least 7 DGU's to date, he needs all the help he can get.

Mike H said...

Reminds me of the gentleman in Indy who was shot and killed by a thug, even though the man displayed his own handgun. Only speculation but the dead man may have thought displaying the gun would discourage the goblin who was robbing a waitress at gunpoint. Follow through.......