Tuesday, May 13, 2014

All Kinds of Potentials Leap to Mind

I see this expires in November, and have no idea about its continuity, but I have been told:

My [spouse] is an attorney and works for [REDACTED FED. AGENCY].

Today they were given instructions to report prohibited possessors if they come across any in their case work along with a memorandum of what the prohibited possessors are.

They're expanding who is reporting them, even though reporting should happen at the source, to all agencies because the reporting from the sources is incomplete.

In other words, if someone is committed to a mental institution, and it shows up in their medical records being reviewed by another governmental employee in the course of their duties, they're  required to report it in case it was not reported before so that the individual can be entered into the NICS system.

To me, it's a statement about the current issues with background checks as they are now, and is a demonstration of how the government is expanding who can report into NICS.
So non-LEO departments are being recruited to  do mandatory reporting on users of "government services."  For instance... gosh., there are too many possibilities to contemplate.

I have not investigated this any further. My ability and sources for looking into this in greater detail are limited, but there are a few people I can pass this information on to to see if I can independently validate it.  I post it here in the hopes that someone who can will, and will share their insights.

No comments: