Thursday, August 28, 2014

No Offense

Everything else is just posturing and airing of personal prejudices without force of law. [More]


Via Leonard Embody, who writes:
Remember I was charged with the crime of possessing a silencer even though they didn't know what was inside my gun case. They opened the case without a warrant. Then they said I had to show them paperwork. Then when they found the form 3 inside the gun case they continued anyway. A magistrate approved the charge. Then I went to a preliminary hearing where the judge said there was probable cause for the charge and that my federal paperwork looked like it had a "boy scout seal". then 10 months later I was indicted by the grand jury. finally yesterday the criminal court judge wrote an order dismissing the charge. His order and opinion definitely has some inaccurate findings, but the main thing is that the charge was dismissed.

No comments: