Monday, October 27, 2014

Hickenlooper Blueswatch

Here's what's come out of last night's video announcement so far from the media:


A publicity release will be going out later today to see how far this can be propagated.

It could go a lot farther if you took a moment to notify your gun owner friends and the media. I've noticed a few stalwarts have posted it to blogs and forums, and of those who take the time to comment, most, so far, post opinions about Hick or the futility of it all, but give no indication they will lift a finger to help spread the word.

You who come here on a regular basis: Why not make that today's Five-Minute Activism project?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great idea!

MB

FedUp said...

Posted to two forums and one mailing list.

Mack said...

David, serious question:

Is there a standard metric to apply before saying it has gone "viral" ... this ought to go viral, I think.

David Codrea said...

I agree. That's the goal. We want this to be news. That's why I'm always begging regular readers here to be force multipliers and help spread the word.

It also deserves to be picked up by other "gunbloggers," but many of them don't like guys like me (and Mike) very much, and would rather see a good idea die than give either of us the time of day.

Ah well. If I wanted to be popular, I'd be rewriting mainstream fluff pieces about something that actually trends...

No idea what the benchmark is for saying something is now viral. I see celebrity and sports crap that has 100K "likes" and thousands of comments. One of these years, I hope to experience it.