Monday, November 24, 2014

Capping Things Off

I always hate when people say "I have a better idea," because invariably, they don't--they just have their idea.

In this case, sorry, Mike, as laudable as I find your Threeperwear ballcap fundraiser to be -- and trust me, if you go through with it I'll do what I can to promote it -- I do have a better idea.

Why don't your regular readers -- those who get daily benefit from your work and who know what you need to go through physically, mentally, spiritually and financially to bring it to them -- just send you a voluntary subscription (note I didn't say "donation," because it's payment for value received) of a buck or two a month, either via Paypal, or by check for those who avoid doing anything because they don't like Paypal (but still mostly purchase internet services from overtly anti-gun providers). I mean it's not like people who know your site are unaware that in the right-hand sidebar column, you've given out "PO Box 926, Pinson, AL 35126" since, like, forever.

You, "Irregulars," -- especially those of you who use the forum Mike's work provides to post comments, or those of you who send him links hoping he'll write about them and impart insights you know you won't get anywhere else: Wouldn't that be better for him, for us, and for you, personally, than pulling him off of what he's doing that's meaningful, and further exhausting a man with well-known serious health issues by requiring him to be a purchasing / receiving / store room /  packaging / shipping / customer service clerk, particularity one who then will have to deal with complaints / issue refunds if a shipment doesn't make it for whatever reason?

As for suggestions that he should do ads, as one who has tried them, let me say from experience that does not work, and your helpful hint doesn't substitute for a personal commitment not to take without giving back.

I frankly don't get it. So many "Molon Labe" comments. So few lifting a finger to do the easy stuff.

For those of you who might take offense to this post: Obviously I'm not talking about those of you who actually do constructive things for freedom, even small things if that's all you can do -- I'm grateful to people who put their shoulder to the wheel. And I also am not talking about those who truly cannot afford to help-- providing that's actually true and you at least help spread the word. I'm talking about the do-absolutely-nothing crowd.

UPDATE: Can we get them in different colors? Test variations? No text? Good God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep - just send money for value already recieved.

There ain't one person who has a frearm that cannot afford a stamp, a Christmas card ... and a couple of notes to fund the cause.

KIII