Friday, November 07, 2014

Stonewalled

We found that a lot of the background regarding this emerging controversy was anonymously posted by ATF insiders on the blogs of gun rights activists Mike Vanderboegh of Sipsey Street Irregulars and David Codrea of Examiner.com. So my producer and I contacted Vanderboegh and Codrea, who were in direct contact with some of the principal players. [More]
Mike notices some honorable mentions in Sharyl Attkisson's new book.

Points of order: No ATF insider ever posted here or at Sipsey. All information received was vetted and posted by Mike and me -- we don't turn over the keys to the car. I don't know where she got that idea. Also, yes, she posted a request on CUATF, but I passed along her request along with Vanderboegh's recommendation in order to encourage the decision to speak with her.

Some day, all the emails will come out.

The last time I brought up the subject of recognition, a toxic comment poster accused me of whining. Pretty snottily, too.

No, what I'm doing is trying to set the record straight, correct an injustice and give credit where due.  If the "critic" had been paying attention, he'd know that's something I do every day, with and for all kinds of people and subjects. If anyone thinks I can't do the same for myself and Mike on occasions when I see the truth being further buried -- on my own blog and when no one else will -- then that's just too damn bad.

2 comments:

bondmen said...

RE:"...the subject of recognition, a toxic comment poster accused me of whining." Well we are all too familiar with accusers who are at most keyboard commandos and not men in the arena of ideas and progress. Over at The AK Files Forum, drooling, snotty nosed critics with the audacity to make public their Debbie Downer feelings are said to have their dry 'mangina' in a twitter. This term certainly appears to appropriately fit your Fast & Furious troll David!

The Infamous Oregon Lawhobbit said...

On the insider bit - didn't Mike have an imaginary informant that he would "use" on occasion? Was that "R.A.Bear" or something? Maybe that's what they saw....