Friday, January 02, 2015

Following Dots

Who are the Pasadena embezzlement suspects Danny Wooten, Melody Jenkins, Tyrone Collins? [More]
Just on a hunch, I thought I'd try to find  out if they're part of the "blame guns" crowd. The connection is tenuous, but led to something I thought had relevance.

The main suspect is "a senior pastor at the New Covenant Christian Fellowship Church in Pomona," and they in turn were part of a larger "Stop the Violence" rally.  The link they provided went to a video of the event, where a grieving mother told the reporter "This is my baby. They took her life and it wasn't fair."

This was her baby:

She "was shot and killed by police after she allegedly pulled a gun on a gang task force."

Somehow, relying on "the community coming together" seems a bit inadequate in this case. And I can't help but notice the shooting evidently qualified in the tabulation of "Gun Violence After Newtown" claims.

No comments: