Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Through a Glass, Darkly

It looks like the AmmoLand link on WVA trying to ban night vision equipment is not working at the moment -- I leave it here in case it goes active again.

My initial critique of the piece was it sure would help if they linked to the bill. The one I found just says you can't hunt with it, not that you can't have it:
"prohibiting the use of night vision technology and drones or other unmanned aerial vehicles in the hunting or taking of wildlife."
That said, there seem to be plenty of ways this could be abused to harass citizens who wish to practice their skills at night for purposes other than taking game. I don't know enough about this to weigh in with an informed opinion, and probably won't have time to dig deeper . If you have specific knowledge, please advise below in comments to educate us, and let me know if I'm at all close in my suspicion that "sportsmen" may have been lobbying for more protectionism...


[Via Florida Guy]  

No comments: