Wednesday, April 01, 2015

What If You Can't Walk Away?

I would have to assume the abuser was well aware of my presence and that his behavior would cause a fear reaction in bystanders confined with it -- and that he didn't care. I would therefore have to assume my intervention, or even my just being a witness -- would provoke an aggressive reaction. So if I felt compelled to involve myself, my priority would be to stop him swiftly and with certainty, and minimize any danger to myself. [More]

In close quarters like that, I doubt the contention that it was all a gag would cause me to let my guard down after it had been so menacingly forced up. I don't think I'd be inclined to look up just because the guy pointed and told me there was a camera, and with his "victim" joining in, I'd have to consider her an accomplice and wonder what kind of further deception I was being set up for.

In other words, this is a profoundly stupid and irresponsible "experiment." Try it around the wrong (right?) person, and someone is going to get hurt.

No comments: