Friday, May 08, 2015

Irony

In his order, Judge Benjamin Settle acknowledged that “The Court is sympathetic to Plaintiffs in that one must actually be prosecuted or under actual or immediate threat of prosecution before the Court may address the constitutionality of a statute.” The judge further observed that “the fairness of this rule may definitely be questioned…” [More]
So in other words, the key to obtaining standing will be through the new paradigm? And that may require defending "I will not comply" activists instead of publicly agreeing with the antis by dismissing them as "stupid extremists" whose "childish theater" makes the more mainstream "look foolish"...?

1 comment:

Steve Ramsey said...

Here in Washington, I ran well afoul of the "firearms community" for my "extremist" 'I will not comply' views.

I was told ad nauseum how Alan would fix things, that the suit was simply brilliant.

Now it appears the mainstream needs one of us to take a hit for them so that Alan can engage in another fundraising exercise.

My message to them is this:

My non-compliance is first and foremost for the maintenance of my personal freedoms, not yours, since it is YOU who the ME under the bus.

I further suggest that one of you compliant, law abiding tactifudds place yourself on Alan Gottlieb's alter as a sacrifice to your deal making hero.

Or, you can simply live with it as you send more and more cash to to the Gottlieb empire, and read firearms forums here in the Great Northwest that forbid you from even speaking of making a firearm transaction without total lockstep compliance with I-594.

Courage. Such courage you possess.