Friday, January 01, 2016

Halfway Measures

David Mark Williams, a farmer in Halfway, Ore., described guns as “a tool. If you’re hunting or living a rural lifestyle, you’re going to have a firearm.” But Williams, who came to Washington this fall with MoveOn.org to meet with members of both parties, said he resigned his NRA membership after its president opposed stricter gun laws in the aftermath of the 2012 mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School. [More]
Yeah, present a Prozi as a typical "reasonable" gun owner. Using MoveOn shills is an old damn trick, one WaPo is happy to exploit. If I were a gun dealer and this gunkapo came in, I'd tell him to get the hell out of my store.

The bottom line is, nothing will change in terms of reducing "gun violence" because they're dealing with the wrong end of the spectrum. And while there will definitely be new burdens on the "law-abiding," there may also be an unintended consequence that Obama's legal fine tooth combers never thought of. I don't want to say any more just yet, lest they sidestep a pitfall. Depending on what he imposes, I'll either say more about that later or I won't.

No comments: