Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Not Me

If a bad guy with a gun had decided to walk onto that train and start shooting people, I would have been prepared and able to use my gun to defend my own life and the lives of everyone else on that train, including yours. [More]
Nope, sorry. I've never cared much for the sheepdog analogy. That and I hold no illusions.

If others happen to benefit from me protecting myself and mine, that's just the breaks. I suppose I'd be more inclined if true innocents were being threatened rather than probable enablers who hold me in contempt, or the just plain willfully oblivious.

A story I've always hated is Disney's version of "The Grasshopper and the Ants," with its unearned happy ending.  Me, I'm an Aesop man.

It's the reason why I have no sympathy for a wish expressed by some gun owners that we had our own Bloomberg-style money angel.  Yeah, just latch on to another excuse to do nothing.

[Via Michael G]

No comments: