Thursday, February 18, 2016

Lemonade Out of Lemons?

Reaffirming that all citizens have a right to use gun ranges offering facilities to the public helps reaffirm that all citizens have the right to own and use guns. [More] 

Personally, do I think a business ought to be able to discriminate, and the market would do a superior job of ensuring more welcoming competitors are the ones to thrive?  Yeah, I guess I do.

In addition to boycotts, I can't imagine public-minded suppliers of needed goods and services wanting to involve themselves with such an establishment, along with the disruptive and costly repercussions that could entail.

To illustrate the ineffectiveness of coercive government "solutions," even though keeping me out based on my race would be "illegal," there are plenty of joints in certain areas where I would rightfully fear for my safety just because of genetics and culture. No one conducting themselves peaceably could say the same about the places I do frequent.

[Via Florida Guy]   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you have a natural right to freedom of association, it cuts BOTH ways: you can associate with whomever also wants to associate with you, and you can disassociate from anyone else whether they like it or not.

Customers who find out their usual sandwich counter won't serve blacks, muslims, or any other sort of person, are likewise free to disassociate and attempt to put the counter out of business by voting with their wallets and speech.

-PG