Friday, March 04, 2016

And Now for Something Completely Different

In an alternate universe, Davy Crocket survived the 1836 siege at the Alamo, and Santa Ana did not. This changed history for all of North America: Texas remained an independent republic; Mexico fell under rule of the French and did not regain her independence.[More]
Looks fun.

I've always enjoyed alternative histories, starting from when I was a kid and I read "If the South had Won the Civil War."  More recently, I got into "The Man in the High Castle."

Anyway, the "More" link lets you preview the first few pages, and if you like what you see, do what it takes to see more.

2 comments:

Crotalus said...

I read that on the web. I liked it so much that I wished it had been real. I'd have moved to that Texas!

The Infamous Oregon Lawhobbit said...

Pretty decently done. Go snag the The Probability Broach* for further examples of the genre.


*The rebels win the Whiskey Rebellion and hang George Washington, for starters.