Thursday, April 28, 2016

We're the Only Ones Making a Federal Case About It Enough

He walked toward me as I got close to the car. He fidgeted with his wallet, opened it, and showed me a badge, saying, “I’m with the FBI.” He didn’t give me his name. Closing the wallet, he pointed at my car and said, “You can’t do that.” [More]
What's wrong with this woman?  Doesn't she appreciate the last time the feds ignored unreasonable limits on their authority to heroically rescue children?

[Via Michael G]

2 comments:

Old 1811 said...

When a guy flips open a wallet and flashes a badge with no credentials, and says, "I'm with the FBI," it's a pretty safe bet that he's NOT with the FBI. FBI agents, like all professional law enforcement officers, show a badge and credentials long enough for the person they confront to see and confirm that they're legit. And I've never heard a LEO of any kind say, "I'm with . .." when confronting someone in an official capacity. They generally say, "FBI," "Police," or whatever.
My bet is that this woman was confronted by some asshole with a fake badge who wanted to get his rocks off scaring someone weaker than himself.

Longbow said...

Good for her. Make him show his I.D. long enough to be able to read it, then ask him for a business card. Then, when you have his business card safely in your pocket, tell him to fuck off.