Tuesday, April 19, 2016

We're the Only Ones Prematurely Discharging Enough

A San Francisco sheriff’s deputy accidentally discharged a non-duty weapon, a "baby Glock," inside the Hall of Justice on Wednesday morning, apparently while trying to demonstrate the proper use of the weapon to a colleague. [More]
In fairness, I've yet to find  "a 22-caliber 'baby' Glock" that's worth a damn...

I once had a reporterette get all snotty on me for "getting all technical" and expecting easily-obtainable subject matter accuracy from a professional journalist. I just spent a few minutes trying to locate that old post, but don't even remember what year it was.

[Via Steve A]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And of course the "know-nothing" reporter, who can't be bothered to check facts and doesn't know a model number from a caliber, can't be bothered to even read comments and correct the errors. Where do they get these people? Oh yeah, I forgot, public schools . . .
-MadMagyar

GaryM said...

I particularly like the part where the other person pointed the weapon "at her and pulled the trigger". And missed! I'd bet they weren't 4 feet apart.