Wednesday, June 01, 2016

There's Citizens and There's Über Citizens

Maryland lawmaker's daughter using his car to drive for Lyft [More]
Yeah, I'm sure Old Bloody Hands Elijah Cummings needs to worry about school expenses.

In my previous job, I had a company car. Had they found out I let one of my kids regularly use it, especially in a money-making venture, I'd have been fired, and rightfully so.

The other thing this affects is taxes -- I would need to do periodic reports with mileage calculated based on IRS rates and distances and I don't remember all what else,. That needed to be reported to make sure everything was compliant, Uncle Sugar wasn't giving better than he got, and to make sure I wasn't getting any free rides. It doesn't sound like she's been doing this long enough to where an audit would show falsification, but then again, these bastards are so arrogantly unethical, who knows?

If there's not already, there needs to be a hard and fast policy that the people's cars are not to be driven by anyone except the person to whom they're assigned. My question is, there's not already? Really?

[Via Keith B]

No comments: