Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Blast from the Past

David Codrea, writer for GUNS Magazine, addressed this imbalance in his keynote speech midway through the rally. Though his visage was pale and voice weak from the ravages of a near-fatal battle with pneumonia, his message was no less impassioned. [More]
I don't recall seeing this almost three-year-old piece before. I had to look up old emails to find my correspondence with the author, noting we conducted the interview by phone and I also set him up to talk with Mike.

In re the pneumonia thing, I downplayed it at the time, but yeah, I shut down and collapsed, my face evidently ping-ponging on the way down between the sink counter, the toilet and the floor. I looked like I'd been worked over by the pros, but don't remember a thing. Elder feral son Uday heard the crash, attended me and dialed 911, and I rebooted in the ambulance after paramedics had stabilized me.

The speech he mentions is here if you haven't seen it and care to.

No comments: