Thursday, April 13, 2017

A Mighty Voice Stilled

William Norman Grigg died this afternoon. He was a journalist, broadcaster, editor, musician, father, husband, and a self-described Christian Individualist. He was also my hero. [More]
I regret that my own work too often got in the way of reading him and sharing his links more. As I noted a few years back:
I'm in awe of giants like William N Grigg, and select other liberty writers, and deem their voices to be essential ones to heed. Yet outside of the liberty movement, they remain relatively obscure.
And relatively broke. There's a fundraising page to help his family. Don't let the goal being met dissuade you -- that was established before the breadwinner was lost forever. And please believe me when I tell you they sacrifice much in terms of material rewards -- and sometimes even basics -- by supporting what can only be described as a calling.

History is indeed written by the victors. Please join me in renewing a commitment to ensuring names like Grigg (and Vanderboegh, who was also an admirer) are not forgotten.

3 comments:

Elmo said...

Thanks for Mike's stories about Mr. Grigg's articles. I shall read each one, in order to renew my commitment and to pay homage to both of these fearless gentlemen, both of whom were taken from us too soon.

Joe said...

Is there a current snail mail address / contact person for those who wish to donate to the Grigg family by money order ?

Thanks, Joe

David Codrea said...

Best I can suggest is ask that question under comments at the linked donation site.