Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Provided Your Assailant is Stupid



As anyone who would hold a gun on someone this way must be...

Back when I was young and immortal and taking all kinds of martial arts training, I could even get out of the way and strike a simulated blow with a "gun"  pressed in my back before it could be fired.  But fortunately, the gun wasn't real and the "assailant" was under instruction not to fire until I made the first move. Stress level and negative repercussions for failure were "zero."

It's not really that hard to understand -- it's why we leave car lengths between ours and the vehicle ahead based on speed. It takes an instant to realize and react, so the first move has the advantage.

I bring this up because there are some who watch an internet video or take a basic class and make the idiotic assumption they're ready to rumble. It's not like that, and as I've noted before, all other things considered, the most important element is will.

1 comment:

Jack Burton said...

I always taught my kids that "distance is your friend" when it comes to defending yourself with a firearm. Never let the other person get within arms reach.