Friday, January 26, 2018

Speaking of Trash

(See linked article comments)

Stay classy, "progressives"! [More]

James Kelly-- what a man!

In re the tragedy the story centers on, not knowing the area we need to defer to those who do to see what safety improvements could be made. I've seen some unmonitored public range areas I would not use (for a variety of reasons), and those who do may soon find if they do not self-regulate, the state may come in and do it for them, up to and including shutting things down.

I've also seen oblivious hikers ignore clear postings, with disaster potential averted only due to the awareness and responsibility of the range user (OK, due to me). I'm not saying that's what happened here. I'm saying let's be careful out there and educate / be protective of those with less experience.

[Via Jess]

1 comment:

Ned said...

That's an awful thing to happen. But my father and I were set up on public land, and some people drove up and parked behind our target. Gave us a raft of shit when we asked them to move, then proceeded to violate leash laws by letting their dogs run off-leash.