Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Suddenly It All Makes Sense

People are raising Cain on social media about a law in Oregon making it legal for citizens to pump their own gas. [More]
The headline is BS, because nothing is being "banned," although considering who's passing laws there, I see how that presumption was made. Still, no wonder the cud-chewers demand a nanny state to "take care" of them and not trust them with adult things like guns.

How do they fill their lawnmowers?

Oh.

I didn't realize "Motorists in New Jersey ... face stiff penalties for touching pumps – fines range between $50 and $250 for the first offense and up to $500 for subsequent offenses."

So I incriminated myself with the personal anecdote I shared in this piece?

[Via Steve T

2 comments:

The Infamous Oregon Lawhobbit said...

More interesting is "how do we fill our motorcycles?" I can't recall the last time a pump jockey didn't just hand me the nozzle. The good ones even hand me a work towel to catch drips.

Mack said...

Remember the puzzled look on Marty's face when he went back to 1955 and saw the Texaco station and the four attendants swarming all over that big car.

Full Service was routine back then and for many years thereafter.

Typical that Oregon and New Jersey are full Commies on this.