Wednesday, February 07, 2018

There's a Starman Waiting in the Sky


[More]
My first thought: I can't wait for it to rear-end somebody.

My second: What if ElonMusk is an evil billionaire who murdered someone and put their body in that suit so he could flout getting away with it in front of the entire world -- knowing that by the time it's discovered, he'll be long passed away...? (Presuming he hasn't uploaded himself...)

And hey, why isn't it a Starwoman...? 

Seriously now, watching the boosters land was a thrill.  It takes me back to the type of science fiction I grew up with.  And I still maintain there's no reason we shouldn't already have Space Station V and Moon Base Alpha but for a "progressive" agenda mission takeover.

Private initiative assuming more and more of a role -- and not just in space exploration and utilization -- will be the future, provided the collectivists don't blow it. The impressive technology of Falcon Heavy aside, that potential is  probably the biggest lesson to be learned here.

You'd think the guy would be a little less conflicted. Still, the "flamethrower" shows promise.

Some day, regular people will leave this world. When they do, they'll take their rights with them.

And they'll be individual rights.

There are two lessons to be learned from that:

Comments, if done right, can yield results.

And one person can make a difference.

[Via Perry N]

1 comment:

GaryM said...

I saw the launch on the news, and it was impressive for sure. But when the boosters separated and returned to land upright on their landing gear I was amazed. I grew up reading and watching SciFi in the 50's and that was what always happened. The rocket came down tail first, landed and the engines shut off.

Wonderful