Thursday, February 08, 2018

Why Do You Think They Call Them 'Pussies'?

All hail the rise of cat men, an antidote to toxic masculinity [More]
It's never fair to completely generalize. My Mom had a cat rescued by my older sister who couldn't keep it at college. It was an odd-eyed white (one blue/one green) that was very cool -- feral and unapproachable when outside doing her wetwork, and absolutely loving when inside. She knew I was her protector from my "tormenting" kid brother and chose me as her "go to" human above all others except at feeding time. There were also no illusions about the nature the relationship would take were the size ratio reversed.

That said, those profiled in this 2016 piece would not seem out of place in pink knit caps. What it's really doing is saying men who also know how to assume their roles as providers and protectors are "toxic," backward, brutish, incapable of tenderness, and just not as civilized as Pajama Boys and snotty anti-gun metrosexuals.

Bull. I've found knowing what it is I'm providing for and capable of protecting enhances total commitment and love.

[Via Florida Guy]   

3 comments:

Mack said...

Behold our Governor:

* https://www.styleweekly.com/binary/2482/cover04_pink_power.jpg

Pat H. said...

We have eight cats here, to avoid claims of "cat man", I also have a Doberman and a Plott Hound. The Plott hound is fierce, having been bred to hunt mountain lions in the mountains of North Carolina.

On to this. The various cats have selected which of us they want as their personal human, my wife or myself.

Bear, a mysterious long hair, will only come to me. Boudicca, a Manx female, has likewise selected me as her human.

Stubby, the Manx tomcat, likes me best, but likes my wife well enough, too.

Marco, a red tabby, like my wife best, only tolerating me despite the fact I was the one who recommended his adoption from many at the local PetSmart store.

Then there's Maive and Fiona, sisters to Boudicca, amenable to both my wife and myself.

There are more, but you get the idea,. Cats do strange things, selecting their human companion is one of them,.

Jeffersonian said...

The correct term is "cat dude".

;)