Friday, March 09, 2018

Among the Other Claims...

...linked to the “Operation Fast and Furious” gun scandal... [More]
I have not had time to check on this and quite probably will not with the workload I'm facing at the moment. I hope someone who does will, because "experience hath shewn" that sometimes revelations come from unlikely independents.

With that I counsel "press onward" but with a grain of salt, which no one should object to. And I'll add this, possibly but not definitively related, from a story I was working on in January 2015 but did not develop enough credible corroboration to run with -- here's from my unanswered email to ATF's Baltimore SAC:
I have been told a subject of an FBI investigation was a Baltimore police officer assigned to the ATF  Gun Task Force.  I am further told the FBI advised the ATF SAC in Baltimore, and that this information was then shared with the subject. I am told the subject then made calls revealing he knew of this that were picked up on the FBI wire, including the name of the ATF source. 
I suppose if LE finally decides to break down and contacts me back, I'll need to see if my eminently credible source insists on me protecting his name, which is what Mike V and I always did above all else.

[Via Florida Guy

No comments: