Friday, May 18, 2018

Not Up for Adoption

What the proposal does not do … and cannot do … is force us to change our business, which is lawful and constitutionally protected. What it does not do … and cannot do … is force us to adopt misguided principles created by groups who do not own guns, know nothing about our business, and frankly would rather see us out of business. [More]
Herschel still has concerns.

And some have had concerns for a long time. Personally, I've moved past that, but I do think the past needs to be remembered if for no other reason than to  head off repeats.

[Via Jess]

5 comments:

GaryM said...

Back before Boeing bought McDonnell-Douglas, there was a religious group in St. Louis that owned about 100 shares more or less. At many stockholders meeting they would request that the company quit producing military aircraft and switch to some other product I can no longer remember. Never went anywhere, but they kept trying.

Even though the Pope says you can't be Christian and own guns, he's got a basement full. I'm guessing that if Vatican City was big enough he'd have an Air Force as well.

Anonymous said...

Link produces a 404 page not found error.

David Codrea said...

It worked when I posted this so they have apparently either removed or moved it-- I found another story and replaced it.

Anonymous said...

Nobody gives a flip about Hershel.

David Codrea said...

I do. I have respect for someone who puts his real world reputation out there while standing for things many will be angered by.

People I don't give a flip about are those who hide behind anonymity to insult people who don't.