Tuesday, April 16, 2019

The Perfect Choice

A group of more than 30 top leaders of the conservative movement sent a letter to President Trump pushing a terrific idea: Appoint former Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli as the next secretary of homeland security. [More]
I guess if you like excuse-making gun-grabbers.

I reject the argument that it's his duty to back diktats he says he personally disagrees with. Bull. That pathetic.

His duty is to the supreme Law of the Land. If his paycheck conflicts with that, he's shown us where he stands. A man of conviction would have denounced infringements and quit.

I expect nothing less than what I expect from myself. I have risked and even given up jobs based on principles before. Once you can be cowed into betraying yourself you will betray anyone they order you to, and they own your soul.

[Via Mack H]

No comments: