Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Showing My Age

I've been informed that Firesign Theater references like the one used here will not be familiar to most readers under 60. I understand and accept that. Nonetheless, it has been a tradition both at WoG and at Sipsey Street before Mike died. We were delighted to find we had that in common.

The rest will either be curious enough to learn more or it will be their loss. If I were worried about visitors not getting old cultural references, I'd have to retire all kinds of recurring characters, including Skip Coolzip, and  Yul, and Fletcher, and Gomer, as well as can catchphrases like  "Forget it Jake, it's Chi-Town."

Good thing I do this for me.  Still, I suppose I could offer refunds...

5 comments:

Mack said...

Nice rebuttal.

Steve Miller said...

Myself I would have chimed in earlier but I was far too busy Waiting For The Electrician Or Someone Like Him.

Anonymous said...

Well, then they should enlighten themselves by getting familiar with Firesign Theatre.

DDS said...

Oh, David, you're sooooo 20th century!

No one offers refunds any more. That term is not PC at all. You're supposed to be offering reparations!

Henry said...

No, no, no, no, no, no, no… you don’t understand how the Internet works!

On the other hand, if there’s a Firesign Theatre reference anywhere in that post, I still don’t see it. :-(