Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Tazewell Resolutions


I was able to find the agenda announcing this, but the documents themselves had not yet been posted on the Tazewell Board of Supervisors website and I could not find them anywhere else.  So I called them and they sent it to me.


UPDATE:  After looking this over I do have a couple concerns that need to be voiced. I would express the "right to regulate arms" as "power to regulate the Militia," and the Second Amendment does not "grant" anything. Overall, they deserve to be congratulated for their leadership, but these points are more than mere semantics and need to be considered going forward.

2 comments:

Publius Huldah said...


Thank you for obtaining and posting these, David!

I too have some concerns about them. I hope to be able to work on this later today.

Edwin Vieira said...

The third and fourth "Whereas" clauses on completely wrong. Otherwise, the document is useful or innocuous.