Monday, January 27, 2020

Help Me Help You, But First Help Yourself


WARNING! Legislative session starts Monday (Jan. 27th), with at least 12 gun bills already listed- most of them bad!
I'd give you a link, but the only one I have goes to a Mailchimp notice, meaning anyone could hit "unsubscribe."

I guess providing useable and sharable links is beyond many "gun groups." Without them, to put it mildly, reach is limited.

The original sender, Utah Shooting Sports Council, hasn't updated its main page since Jan. 2019. Their "Current Alerts" page hasn't been updated since 2018. Ditto I saw no FB or Twitter links to grab a notice from there.

So many gun groups appear not ready for prime time-- meanwhile, the progs are all slick and well versed on using C3I to their advantage.

[Via Felix B]

2 comments:

MTHead said...

Unsavory deplorable. I like it! It certainly describes my attitude whenever I'm around a communist.

Jeffersonian said...

On those mailchimp alerts, there's a bit of code off the end of the URL, something like "?e=alphanumericstuff", which identifies and directs toward the recipient. I'm pretty sure that if you chop off the "?" and everything after it, it creates a safe link, disabling the unsubscribe function if it still appears. I've been doing this in my own blog for a while and it seems to be working.