Thursday, December 02, 2021

Tricks of the Trade

 Basically, if an anti-gun Senator walks down to the floor tomorrow and asks the Senate to pass H.R. 8 by unanimous consent, and there is no pro-gun Senator on the floor to object, then gun control would pass. [More]

They'd have to do that because otherwise, there's a "2% chance of being enacted."

This is dated yesterday and they say if it's going to happen the Dems will try it today, so I guess there's not much point in my sending an appeal to gun-grabber Sherrod Brown. I wish GOA would provide a way to send these things to where they will do some good.

Actually, I wish representatives would be sending me alerts as opposed to me having to inform and then beg them.

[Via cydl]

1 comment:

Henry said...

"I sat there with the majority leader and everybody else had gone home, and we made an arrangement. We let that [Brady] bill pass."
Senator Bob Dole (R-KS), August 23, 1994, p. S.12363, Congressional Record