Monday, May 16, 2005

Guess What I'M Reading?



A STADIUM MASSACRE LEADS TO THE BANNING OF ALL SEMI-AUTOMATIC RIFLES. BUT WHO REALLY FIRED THE FATAL SHOTS, AND WHY?

I wish author Matthew Bracken hadn’t sent it to me. I’m working 7 days a week on my real job, many of those days over 12 hours. I’m up every morning early to post to this blog. I have the magazine deadline to worry about. A wife and two kids need my attention. The lawn doesn’t do itself.

And now I’m addicted to a massive page-turner.

I’m halfway through.

I can’t wait to get back.

There are free preview chapters you can check out online. Then do yourself a favor and BUY THIS BOOK.

I’ll be writing more about this later in my copious free time.

It’s really, really good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah the book rocks for sure. Once I started it I couldn't put it down till I finished it! I read it a year or so ago and am so looking forward to the follow-on, Domestic Enemies.

Anonymous said...

I liked it a lot, too. It isn't a feel-good read, by any means. The book gives a plausible scenario for how such as massive undertaking i.e. civilian disarmament could be engineered and implemented by a few people within our government. It also details how those among the populace might react. Unfortunately, the lackluster showing by the gun-owning citizens, as written in the book, is close to what I think would happen in reality.

Scott M. Head said...

Great read, he's got a follow up coming out too. A really good ending that you really don't expect, won't ruin it for you if you aren't already there.

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading 'Enemies Foreign and Dosmetic' and the only thing I can say is that this book is fucking scary! It's scenarios are way too realistic; it makes me want to buy a lot more ammo 'just in case'...