Monday, October 03, 2005

It's Miers

What's the recurring line from Star Wars?

I don't have a good feeling about this.

It's not exactly like previous judicial nominees have filled me with confidence.

What do you think the odds are she recognizes military firearms as vital tools of liberty that belong in the hands of the people?

UPDATE: She's been "pre-approved by Senate Democratic leadership"?

We're screwed.

UPDATE: Via Drudge (no story link yet, just a headline under a flashing alarm): "BUSH COURT PICK GAVE MONEY TO CLINTON, GORE"

NRA-now is NOT the time to be silent on this.

2 comments:

Publicola said...

I believe the line is "I have a bad feeling about this" usually, but not always, followed by a bark of agreement by a Wookie. If you'll forgive my indulgence (I do need a haircut) I'll be the Wookie here.

Grraaaawwrgggh!

Anonymous said...

Since she is single, with no children, she is happily, for the D crowd, a carrier of their Holy Grail, a cup of infant's blood. She's a lawyer. How suprising. For a long time. Means she will read "shall not be infringed", and come up with 83 pages of opinion that cite everything BUT the Constitution, and will also arrive by some tortured, twisted, illogic that the "people" means something other than the people. Graduate of SMU. Methodist. For you Christians out there, you know that this means she belongs to a "church" that is about as Christian as last weeks drunken orgy at the chief steambath in San Francisco. A WEALTHY lawyer. I like wealth myself. But this gang of back slapppers are the same pack of wolves that came up with Kelo. Hey, the city can make more money, so what the hell.... I was once in an earthquake, with the ground moving out from beneath me. Can't wait for this harpy to start breathing her foul stench.