Saturday, February 04, 2006

Million Moon March Update

That gallery post I talked about will follow shortly. Also, I don't think this project warrants a separate blog--at least I don't have time to maintain one. So the plan for now will be to just post updates here at WarOnGuns.

A couple people have raised concerns about Control Arms rejecting their photos and substituting ones of their own--to make opponents appear to be supporters. By choosing this fraudulent tack, they have outsmarted themselves and tainted their results. By claiming protest submissions as additions to their ranks, they can no longer present "honest" numbers.

Additionally, their reason for rejection doesn't even adhere to their own posted rejection criteria:
* Incompatible file type (we can only accept jpeg images at this time)
* Poor image composition-- the image quality is too poor for us to display the image online
* Easily identifiable third party advertising or slogans
* Inappropriate or potentially offensive content or information that might give your exact location details to those browsing the galleries (eg; house no. and street name).
The images I've seen have been excellent, there has been no advertising spam, and their criteria for being "inappropriate or potentially offensive" is qualified by the concern that it might give away "location details." Nothing I've seen does that.

So they took my original submission:



and replaced it with this:



I resubmitted this image, and sent it back to them (you now have an email address if you wish to bypass their site form) with the following reply:


You are absolutely NOT authorized to substitute the picture I submitted with one of your choosing.

I am getting reports from others who have joined me in submitting protest photos to your site, only to have you turn around and--after having your "administrators" review them--add them to your rank of supporters.

The numbers you will be presenting at the conclusion of your project are tainted by your choosing this dishonest tactic. This is the kind of fraud I expect from police state worshippers/genocide enablers who want a world where global government has a monopoly of force. You rely on lies to advance your agenda. How pathetic.

The hell with you subversive frauds. Free Americans will never disarm. There will never be enough of you to force us.

Molon Labe!

David Codrea

4 comments:

AlanDP said...

How do you search for the picture? By your own filename, by your name, or what?

David Codrea said...

I entered my name, which is how I registered the first time.

AlanDP said...

I didn't use my real name. There are two submissions under the name "Jackie" (which is what I used), both of which are just silhouette pictures similar to yours. I haven't received an email telling me that it was rejected.

David Codrea said...

No, you didn't read their rules. They consider being armed and Christian "potentially offensive."