Thursday, March 23, 2006

From Your Warm, Live Fingers

If you are stopped by police in Kansas, don’t be surprised if the officer pulls out a little black box and takes your fingerprints.
This reminds me of a little project we did at "ATF Night" several years back.

Then Los Angeles Councilman Mike ("Der") Feuer had proposed requiring ammunition purchasers to submit a fingerprint. I brought an ink pad and a sheet of paper, and several dozen of us in attendance made our impressions and signed our names to a letter asking him to guess which finger we had used.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ve don't need your paperz anymore! Sieg Heil!

Anonymous said...

He'd better bring help. He'll damn sure need it.

Anonymous said...

Could that be the reason Sebelius vetoed the CC bill?

Anonymous said...

Uh, Umm, Ahh, better not refuse to give them our finger prints, because they will cut off our fingers if we do. Stands to reason. If they will kill us while attemping to serve a warrant or ask questions, and then absolve themselves of any criminalty because they were "just doing their jobs", then what is going to stop them from cutting off our fingers if we refuse to be fingerprinted? It's less than killing us and they're sure to absolve themselves of any criminal acts because look, after all, they didn't kill us, right? Look, I just don't want to have my fingers cut off, okay? Well ok, go ahead. Just please don't kill my wife and children, please,please,please? You're going to kill them anyway? Well ok, I guess if you're just doing your job. Can you make it quick at least? The kids are already crying, you know? (Thinks to self: You know, there was a time when I could have prevented this, but I wanted to play by the rules, be a law-abiding citizen, not stir up a bunch of trouble. I could have done something. I guess I get what I deserve for being so meek and mild.) Sudden loud bang. Crickets chirp in background.

Anonymous said...

If the leo's assigned to carry out this task don't protest, refuse, and if necessary resign, then they desrve whatever befalls them. They will not be mourned, remembered, or honored, they will be quisling traitors. ... J.B. Books