Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Turnabout Being Fair Play and All...

The pathetic wretches at Gunguys thought it would be cool to post NRA's tax return and compensation for key executives.

OK. Two can play that game.

Gunguys is part of the Orwellian-named "Freedom States Alliance."


The hoplophobe in the lead story photo on the FSA website is Thom Mannard, Executive Director of the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence.

Here is a comparable section from their 2004 tax return:



An interesting sidenote: Despite clear legislative advocacy, these folks claim tax exemption as a 501(c)(3) organization, that is, contributions are deductible.

Hmmm...

This is kinda fun! Shall we continue to play?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I quit contributing to Wayne's salary back when I first got a computer,and read the KABA site and this one.I also don't give them their request on the 1040 for Presidential campaigns for obvious reasons. Didja know that John Hagee at San Antonio church something or other gets $700,000.00 a year? Talk about the wages of sin.......was looking at my last paycheck stub from the last month I served in the infantry in V.....$240.00. Man, what did I do with all that money? But ya know... I'd send my $25 a year NRA fee to you Dave, if you could put it to use against the anti's.. any other takers?

David Codrea said...

Sean, thanks for the vote of confidence, but I never have and never will solicit donations for myself. You'll note no tip jar or ads on this site--that's intentional. I may from time to time publicize causes that could use a donation that I myself have contributed to.

Anonymous said...

What I like about Gunguys is that they don't have the balls to allow viewers to post comments (unlike you David). They shovel their garbage out but apparently are afraid of an on-line intellectual challenge.

Anonymous said...

Thom is holding a "replica" of an AK47...

REPLICA?!?!? IT'S A PLASTIC TOY!!!!

This is so beneath contempt!

E. David Quammen said...

Was wondering what you were waiting for....now I know. Good spike over the net! Only hope the proper authorities catch their criminal legislative advocacy, 501(c)(3) tie in.

Not to mention some of the 'other' ties they have....

Nicki said...

Not to mention the fact that FSA is behind gunguys, which is run by Mark Karlin of Karlin & Associates and BuzzFlash, who receive hundreds of thousands of dollars from the Joyce foundation.