Wednesday, August 02, 2006

United States Knife & Tool Association

I just received the following email:
David,

I thought I'd let you know that there's a response to the WSJ article about the evil 'tactical knives'. Doug Ritter and others are looking to start up a companion to the NRA called the United States Knife & Tool Association- http://www.uskta.org

You can hear Doug talk about it on the 07/30/2006 GunTalk (in the archives)

The article is an opening shot in yet another attempt by the gun-banners. If they can get 'dangerous' knives banned then it would only be 'logical' to ban even more dangerous guns. Let's swat 'em down right at the start and not let them get ahead of us this time.

Enjoy!

Steven Van Dyke
I don't know the principals involved in this effort, but I like what I see so far. I'll look at them more closely and encourage WoG visitors to do so as well.

As knives are arms, the keeping and bearing of which shall not be infringed, my support hinges on whether or not they hold fast to that principle.

Feedback will be appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks David!

Right now they're just assessing the situation, collecting names and locations. The intent is to be a companion to the American Knife & Tool Institute just like the NRA pairs up with the NSSF.