Thursday, September 07, 2006

There's Something About Harry

Harry F. Hambrick Jr. writes:
In my 55 years I've read a lot of newspapers and watched a lot of news on TV, and I just have not seen many reports of incidents where private citizens packing handguns have defended themselves or prevented crimes. I'm sure those incidents do occur, but I'm equally sure they don't occur in meaningful numbers.
You haven't been looking very hard, Harry.
Not too long ago the gun people argued that this was a failure in reporting by the "liberal media," but today, when conservatives have clearly captured a large part of the media, I still don't see reports of crime-preventative gun use by private citizens.
Unfortunately, that's a true statement which I addressed in my November 2005 Guns Magazine piece: "Even so-called "conservative talk radio" only occasionally mentions the Second Amendment focusing most of its energies on politics, world affairs, and the cultural divide."

I feel better knowing that my daughter, a college student, does not have a gun and does not need a gun largely because her college, like Virginia Tech, prohibits them on college grounds.
I have to let you go, Harry. You just revealed yourself to be contemptible, and I don't have the stomach to spend any more time on you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's hope your daughter never does need a gun, Harry, but if she does and doesn't have one, her blood will be on YOUR head, you contemptible cretin!

Anonymous said...

I feel better knowing that my daughter, a college student, does not have a gun and does not need a gun largely because her college, like Virginia Tech, prohibits them on college grounds.

Thank goodness rape and assault are prohibited on college grounds, too. Otherwise female students would really have to worry. What a moron.