Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Judge OKs Fincher Arguments

A man charged with possessing illegal machine guns will be able to argue at trial federal gun laws are unconstitutional, a judge ruled Tuesday. But, the judge is not going to allow the trial to digress into a freewheeling, uncontrolled debate of the Second Amendment in front of the jury.
This could be huge.

Which means the big gun lobbying groups will no longer be able to ignore this case. So don't be surprised to hear rumbles of discontent, followed by full blown accusations that this is a horrible case that will ruin everything for everybody and put all of our "gun rights" at risk.

Expect Wayne Fincher to be smeared for daring to defend himself.

I've been champing at the bit all day to post this, but Blogger was down this morning and I just got back in.

[Via Wolfesblog]

[More from WarOnGuns]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow--that is great news. I can't wait to tell the Gun Guys.

Anonymous said...

(Lol to the previous comment)

This is huge. SAF, NRA, every 2A and liberty oriented foundation now has no reason to send their top lawyers to defend Mr. Fincher.

Anonymous said...

Good on Wayne. I get more excited with each new announcement concerning this case.

David Codrea said...

The bad thing is they won't allow challenges based on the interstate commerce clause.

That's a source of tyranny every bit a threat to the Republic as anything else.

me said...

Baby steps, just like they've done to us.

Plus, I think everyone can agree, no matter what the outcome it'll be appealed I'm not sure if I have this backwards or not, but If Wayne loses this go around, could he then bring up IC?

The thing I'm a bit worried about, and I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but if this makes it to the supremes, do you think their recent use of international law will play into anything? I'd say IF they hear it and start throwing around stuff like that it's over and it's going to get real ugly real soon.

Anonymous said...

Gotta say, this is a hell of a lot better than the cretinous "judge" who railroaded Rick Stanley by not allowing him to use the Constitution in his defense.