Friday, January 05, 2007

A Letter from Wayne Fincher

I just received the following from Hollis Wayne Fincher. It looks like he received my letter. He has given me permission to share his (click on graphic, then you should be able to enlarge it from that page):


"Two offers by gov. to plea. I say no deal!"

In a related development, Barb McCutcheon informs us:
Just to let you know the books we sent to Wayne Fincher for Christmas were returned yesterday. The jail explanation was that the book on Jefferson and the Constitution was too heavy.

Don’t we all feel safer now?
[More from WarOnGuns]

UPDATE: I have receive notice that Wayne is still having health issues and anti-nausea medication has taken over 31 hours to be provided. My source tells me his attorney must get a court order before his medical records will be released to him--this is raw info, so I have no independent means to verify. Let me just say that if medicines were being withheld from war prisoners at Gitmo, the "authorized journalists" would be all over this story. I'll follow up on this later tonight to see if there are any new developments.

6 comments:

E. David Quammen said...

God bless and keep you Wayne! Remember how He said; "I will never leave you nor forsake you"....

me said...

I'm going to have to call him Dr. Fincher from now on. Not trying to be mean or anything, but some of that's a bit hard for me to read.

Any chance of a typed version so I can make a few of the lighter areas and closer to overlapping stuff out?

Anonymous said...

I think the letter was written about the time Wayne started getting ill. I have an earlier letter, and have read some of his previous letters to his family and they are much clearer and easier to read.

David Codrea said...

It's just about as hard for me to read as it is you, HH, and I just don't have the time to transcribe it. There are some words I can't make out, even from the original.

Hey, if you think that's hard to read, try this:)

In addition to the illness, Mr. Davis mentioned, he was also probably cramping his writing to get all his thoughts on one piece of paper--if you'll recall, the jail returned the paper, stamps and envelopes I'd sent him earlier, so I imagine it is a precious commodity to him.

me said...

OK, I don't feel so stupid now.

Maybe some photoshop and I'll be able to make it out. If I can I'll post it up here.

me said...

Ok I got most of it.

here you go

If you can fill in any of the blanks, go for it.