Tuesday, February 20, 2007

We're the Only Ones Switched Enough

Amends the Criminal Code of 1961. Provides that the unlawful use of weapons statute does not apply to the purchase, possession, or carrying of a switchblade knife by a peace officer.

Mr. Bernstein? Mr. Sondheim? Music, please:
When you're a Jet,
You're the swingin'est thing:
Little boy, you're a man;
Little man, you're a king!

...Here come the Jets
Like a bat out of hell.
Someone gets in our way,
Someone don't feel so well!
[Via 45superman]

[More from "The Only Ones" files...]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here in Colorado the police and emergency personnel are allowed to have automatic knives. I make do with my CRKT M-16z.

Brass

David Codrea said...

We shouldn't allow our servants to require us to "make do" Brass. I have just as legitimate a right to a tool that alows me to keep one hand free as any other human on the planet. Anyone who would require otherwise is my enemy and a traitor to every other human.

Anonymous said...

A policeman's citizenship is no more valid than mine. I resent any who say differently and will support that resentment with force if and when necessary.

me said...

so much for equal protection.