Sunday, March 04, 2007

No Excuses, BUT...

Suljo Talovic said he would not make excuses for his son, but did not understand how a teenager could buy a gun in the United States.

"The authorities are guilty for not alerting us that he bought a gun. In the U.S., you cannot buy cigarettes if you are underaged, but you can buy a gun," he said.
I feel for you, Mr. Talovic. I really do. I can only imagine the hell you and your wife are going through, and I pray I will never experience the loss of a child.

But you're not going in a direction with this that will do anyone any good.

[Via HZ]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, I thought it was illegal to buy smokes whle "under age", the same as it is to buy a gun while "under age". Somehow, this doesn't seem to stop these under age people from buying either. Why is that, do you suppose?

And where were the parents while he was out buying this gun, illegally?

Anonymous said...

"I feel sorry for my child, but I also feel sorry for all the innocent people he has killed," the 18-year-old's father, Suljo Talovic, said.

Sounds like a Brady Bunch definition of a child.
At 18 he was an adult man who could vote, join the army, buy cigarettes or a house, or get married. All without someone asking his mommy if it was OK first.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, it must be the will of Allah!!!