Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Police Magazine Poll on Gun Ownership


This partial page is from the March 2007 issue of Police Magazine (posted under the "Fair Use" doctrine because I could find no online link). Just so we're clear--even though most admit "gun control" won't make them safer or stop violent crime, and even though most admit to owning multiple guns themselves, almost two-thirds of "The Only Ones" surveyed think your right should be licensed by the state, and over a third said they would assist in confiscating them if ordered.

Bear in mind if they admit to this anonymously for a magazine survey, how many more would be likely to resist the awesome pressure of direct orders under the threat that their careers will be over with no pension if they disobey?

The next time someone says that only politically opportunistic police chiefs and administrators support "gun control" while the "rank and file" support the Second Amendment, you might want to point them to these results.

[Via Bounty Hunter]

4 comments:

me said...

did someone mention a standing army?

What do you think that comes out to in real numbers? The percentage willing to commit treason.

This is just another reason that "good for the goose, good for the gander laws" are needed...NO, ZERO, ZIP, special treatment for cops in terms of ANY law. God do I wish I had Bill Gates' money so I could just go around fighting all this BS.

Fits said...

When you think about it, it's only fair. A great many of us would be willing to disarm them, too. But, they happen to be OUR employees so it would be akin to simply firing the riff-raff.

E. David Quammen said...

Good thing our God-given, Inherent and Inalienable Natural rights aren't subject to the "tyranny of the majority", huh?

Anonymous said...

I work in an eviroment which brings me direct contact with the ONLY ONES. In conversations they have admitted that I don't have the right to protect myself and to carry a gun with a permit.

I love the arrogance of the ONLY ONES. It makes me laught.