Saturday, August 11, 2007

"What Better Person..."

...to explain to you how to make one of these videos than someone who knows absolutely nothing about technology?

Yeah, like firearms technology, seeing as how you Brady Luddites want to ban those employing designs that were developed in the same period as the light bulb.

Lewis Black adds his peculiar brand of acting like a smug urban smart ass while remaining typically unfunny in this latest Brady Campaign propaganda foray. He invites us to submit our own videos and "Tell us what you feel" (significantly, not "what you know"), and the thought strikes that we could do a repeat of the Million Moon March--except I fear the effort would be wasted and they'd never show critical viewpoints.

Pity, because the one I had in mind involves a look-alike of Black sitting at an identical set, going into his whiny rant when suddenly...well, let's just say it involves ski masks, rubber gloves and a meat fork, and he's powerless to stop it.

Hey--it's funnier than what he's doing, and he's a professional comic.

Years ago, I did a video called "Minute Men." We were at a gun rights rally in Sacramento, CA, and I set up a camera on a tripod and gave attendees (who signed a release) one minute to speak their mind on the right to keep and bear arms. I still have the tape and really ought to get it converted to digital format, edit it and post it online. All I need is the time to teach myself to do all that.

2 comments:

Vinnie said...

"Adding comments has been disabled for this video."

You just gotta love it.

Anonymous said...

"All I need is the time to teach myself to do all that."-David

Give it up,man. Swallow your pride and ask your kids to do it.