Friday, September 21, 2007

"With Support from the Joyce Foundation"


"With support?"

David Hardy points out they funded and wrote the damn thing.

Everybody realizes this is nothing less than a declaration of war on free Americans, right?

Curious how the "law enforcement" establishment is stepping up their treason at the same time they're arming themselves with the stuff they want to take from us. What can I say--they're "The Only Ones"...and naturally, their "authorized journalist" cheerleading squad is calling out the chant on cue.

Y'all are ready for the next federal "assault weapons" ban, right? Look for it right after the Dems sweep office at the next election, thanks to the Republicans blowing their time at bat so badly--and offering us such pathetic leading choices under their self-fulfilling trademark mantra that principled candidates can never win.

And even if Parker...uh...Heller results in an affirmative ruling, I wouldn't be looking for strict scrutiny standards to be applied to future "gun" cases--my layman's guess is that "compelling state interest" would trump any challenge to an "assault weapons" ban--that is, assuming SCOTUS wouldn't just duck the controversy outright. And assuming they don't screw us on Heller.

Why do I sound so certain this is the course we're headed on? No one can know the future, of course, otherwise I'd be making online stock trades right now instead of blogging. But it sure seems like it's in the wind, doesn't it?

Humor me: let's say I'm right. Let's say a federal ban passes mirroring California law--semiautomatic firearms are banned by characteristic and by name (and hell, let's throw in those .50 BMGs that can blow the Starship Enterprise out of low Earth orbit--besides, the Chiefs are asking for it in the Joyce Report). Let's say the new law "grandfathers" existing ownership (for the time being), provided you register your firearms with the government.

All of you who maintain we need to enforce existing gun laws and work to change the ones we don't like--will you comply? If you will, a fair question might be "Then what good is the Second Amendment?"

[Via HZ]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No way I'm registering my rifles. I'll stash them somewhere safe if I have to, but I'll be damned if I let the police know about them.

Anonymous said...

Hear, hear! They won't find mine either!

Ken said...

Guns? Why, I don't think I've ever seen one 'round these parts.

(Exeunt, whistling)

Anonymous said...

Guys,

I own guns. Don't go into the closet. Let yourself be known a gun-owner.

"When it's time to bury the guns, it's time to dig them up."

They want us to bury them and they expect it, should they pass an uber-ban.

They don't want to round them up, they won't have to. They have no intention of passing a line-in-the-sand law that we fantasize about...one that would push us to resist, because the name of the game is infinitesimal degrees.

They'll pass laws and they know we will bury the guns as our form of "resistance". No problem, as Hitler said:

"When an opponent declares,
'I will not come over to your side.'
I calmly say, 'Your child belongs to us already…
What are you? You will pass on.
Your descendants, however,
now stand in the new camp.
In a short time they will know nothing
else but this new community.'"

They won't need to go door to door, as we will bury our weapons, and our generation will simply be bread out of existence...

I wish they would make the final push for an uber-ban that would go door to door. People MIGHT resist then.


C.H.

Anonymous said...

I am not foolish enough to think I can stop them from taking mine. They should not be foolish enough to think the price won't be higher than they wanted to pay.