Saturday, October 27, 2007

Brady's Peter Hamm Issues Lethal Threat

In a series of exchanges today between some gun bloggers and the Brady Center’s mouthpiece, Peter Hamm, Hamm threatened to shoot one of the bloggers.

The threat was issued at Sebastian's, against SayUncle.

What I don't get is why everyone is so quick to dismiss this as a lighthearted joke. We know the evil this citizen disarmament fanatic enables, and we've seen how much benefit of the doubt his side offers when a much less direct and more obviously tongue-in-cheek speculation is tendered.

It's really part of the elitist mentality Hamm and those like him represent--that some are afforded more consideration and different treatment than others--you know, the whole "Only Ones" thing. He wouldn't presume to "joke" about shooting a politician or celebrity, would he, and expect not to elicit an armed response and interrogation, but a pro-RKBA activist is fair game?

It's not my call, but if he'd said that to me, I'd file a police report and let them be the ones to determine the true level of threat after the requisite--and publicized--investigation.

5 comments:

chris horton said...

Yeah David,I agree,this could be a "lesson" for ALL the grabbers. A suit should be filed against him for the threat!!The rest of us would be arrested,except,the rest of us KNOW BETTER than to talk such foolishness concerning guns!! I wonder if the "authorized Journalists" would run the story?!

Anonymous said...

I wonder - does Petey have his own gun, or will he borrow one? Maybe Mrs. Brady bought everyone in the office a thutty ought six.

Anonymous said...

Tell you what, "Petey"! You make good on that threat to me, and you sure as ahell is hot can expect return fire!

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

I have to admit I'm a little jealous that no prominent advocates of citizen disarmament (or even any obscure ones) have threatened to shoot me.

Something to aspire to, I guess.

Anonymous said...

Peter Hamm is already trying hard enough to get gun owners shot. It's a very short trip from guns being banned to the people who own them being shot by government agents.