Tuesday, November 27, 2007

We're the Only Ones Suspended Enough

A Channel 3 Eyewitness News investigation has led to the suspension of a Teton County deputy accused of shooting a dog.

Deputy Joseph Gutierrez has been suspended and the Tri-county Sheriff's organization is now investigating the shooting incident...

When we spoke with Teton County dispatch, they say they've received multiple death threats against their officers.
Gee, imagine that. Consequences for actions.

Does this mean there's a limit to what people will put up with from "Only Ones" before they start reacting in the same manner in which they are treated?

5 comments:

Sean said...

Ought to be suspended allright. From a hook.

Anonymous said...

Now that's just not nice. A tree or lampost would do right nicely.

SamenoKami said...

David, is this a first? They actually named the 'Only One'!! Funny how people will get upset over shooting an animal. I guess 'Only Ones' shooting people is OK.

Anonymous said...

...After Teton County resident Nancy Nead saw our story, she emailed me and believes facts are probably being left out of the story.

Nead: "I would bet that the deputy was either protecting himself because I have hard time believe that the deputy would just come and shoot the dog without a reason..."


Without facts, without evidence, without personal or vicarious experience with the officer or the incident, this woman proceeds to pander to the State.

Apropos of this mindset, this is pretty much why I have decided that my concealed handgun is for the protection of myself and my family, and to hell with everyone else who could have defended themselves and refused.

Anonymous said...

[[Apropos of this mindset, this is pretty much why I have decided that my concealed handgun is for the protection of myself and my family, and to hell with everyone else who could have defended themselves and refused.]]
I'm agreeing more all the time. If I run across a woman being raped I will ask, "Maam, where is your gun?" If she replies, "I don't have one, I'm afraid of guns". I am going to say, "well, that's just too bad". Then I am going to walk off.