Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Where, Indeed?

Chris Horton notes CBS has adopted the standards of Faux News, which, incidentally, is still avoiding highlighting Ron Paul every step of the way:

I guess he's not in the battle.

See, if you give all the other candidates exposure except one, and you have the power of the national media, you can create a self-fulfilling prophecy. And while I join those who are disappointed at Dr. Paul's showing in Florida, it's hard to make the argument that he hasn't beaten Rudy Giuliani on the whole thus far, and there's been no shortage of coverage for "America's Mayor" (if for no other reason than to see what time the comet's leaving...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The treatment of Ron Paul by the media is shameful, and just may cause me to vote for him, despite my misgivings about his foreign policy.

Anybody that scares these sonsofbitches that badly can't be all that bad himself.

Anonymous said...

One advantage I see to a Ron Paul presidency has been mentioned by another commenter, albeit as a disadvantage. On that point I disagree. I do believe if Paul were president the good old boy club would do everything they could to marginalize him and make him a lame duck from day one. I do also see Paul vetoing every unconstitutional bill sent to his desk. A situation of gridlock or near gridlock could most definitely occur.

I don't see that as a bad thing. America and her people always do better when her Congress is least active.

Anonymous said...

straightarrow said...
> The treatment of Ron Paul by the media is shameful, and just may cause me to vote for him, despite my misgivings about his foreign policy.

For both you and that other commenter, I have two words: Protest Vote. (That it is also an act of self-defense is merely a delightful bonus :)

> I do believe if Paul were president the good old boy club would do everything they could to marginalize him and make him a lame duck from day one.

But at least "the battle finally would be joined."

And I still say the Paul campaign should be intensively researching ways to use Congress's own procedures against it. (Just imagine what wonders might transpire were POTUS to tickle the Senate in just the right spot, provoke one filibuster after another, and let it hamstring itself into impotence for the next four years.)

The ancient maxim "divide et impera" exists for a reason. Why not use it for good, for a change?

Mark Odell