Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Fincher Oral Arguments Audio File

1. Go here:
http://www.ca8.uscourts.gov/oralargs/oa_Bypa.html

2. Enter "Fincher" in "Last Name" field. Click "Search."


3. Click "Play" for Hollis Wayne Fincher.


We'll see if an upcoming ruling in Heller changes the whole paradigm of this case. Naturally, the government is arguing it won't.

Hopefully, my sources can explain Fincher attorney Quentin Rhoades' repeated use of the word "privilege" when speaking about RKBA. It may just be a necessary tactical legal deference to existing precedent in that circuit, but I nonetheless found it disturbing.

[Via Stewart Rhodes and Paul W. Davis]

3 comments:

me said...

David, having problems saving it, I get to 7.16 megs and it craps out. How large is the file?

David Codrea said...

7.16 megs.

I'm the wrong guy to help with technical matters involving anything more advanced than using twigs to fish for termites, but suggest hitting the "play" button rather than "save."

Also, if you do do "save," see where it's saving it to--are you sure it's not already on your hard drive?

Aside from that, sorry, you just emptied my vast storehouse of knowledge.

me said...

I managed to get it.

direct link that worked for me is

ftp://8cc-www.ca8.uscourts.gov/OAaudio/2008/3/072514.mp3